Our printable Scientst party treasure hunt game can be used at a science themed birthday party or even in the classroom - it's not just fun it's educational!
HOW IT WORKS
Each player is assigned one of nine famous scientist cards and must search through the party area to find the four hidden fact cards that go with their scientist ( it is color coordinated so players know which facts go with which scientist). Each one of the facts has a piece of a puzzle on the back. When they put the four pieces together it will form a letter. Once all players have put their puzzles together they can then put the letters together to reveal the secret hiding location of the treasure or prize.
One of the great things about this hunt is it can be played anywhere because YOU DECIDE WHERE TO HIDE THE TREASURE! That's right, unlike traditional treasure hunts that dictate where each clue is hid and where the treasure must be hidden in this game you decide where you want to hide the treasure! You decide what on the letters for the puzzles, and you decide what location they will spell out!
This is a sample of one of the featured scientist. There are 9 in all, and each comes with four fact cards about that scientist. On the back of each fact card is a piece of the puzzle that leads to the treasure.
PREPARING YOUR HUNT!
1. Determine how many players you are going to have. You can have up to 9, if you have more players then you will need to play in teams. If you have less than 9 then you will need to choose which scientist you want to play with or give players more than one scientist.
2.Decide where you are going to hide the treasure. This location must have the same amount of letters as the number of players. For example if you only have eight players, then the treasure's location must also be spelled with eight letters - such as BASEMENT
3. Once you have decided -download and open the PDF with the scientist party scavenger hunt game in adobe reader. This is a free program that you more than likely already have, but if not you can download it at adobe.com. Once you have opened the game file you will want to click in the middle of the four colored squares on each fact card page that you are going to use and type in one of the letters that are in your location. Do this until you have spelled out the treasure location.
This is a sample page from the actual hunt. This is the Einstein fact card page, but each of the 9 pages have the same layout.
This is how the page will look once you type in your letter and print it out. We typed in M as an example. These print out as full 8x11 pages.
4. Print out your hunt! You can use regular copy paper, but I suggest cardstock for a more durable product.
5. Cut out each scientist title card (the long card with the scientist name and image) along with the eight squares that go with it.
Then put the scientist title card aside. Next glue, tape, or laminate the squares so that each clue has a piece of the puzzle on the back.
HIDING THE CLUES!
6. Hide all the squares throughout your play area. Assign each player or team a snake and provide them with the matching scientist title card. Tell the players to look for the four fact cards that match their assigned scientist, and if they stumble across another players fact cards to leave it be. The fact cards are color coded to match the scientist card so that players do not get their facts mixed up.
LET THE HUNT BEGIN!
7. When a player finds all four of their designated fact cards they can put their 4 piece puzzle together to discover which letter their puzzle creates. When all players have found all of their clues and put together all of their puzzle, they can work together to put the letters together to determine where the treasure is hidden. We used the letters to spell out location IN THE SHED - but you can choose anything you choose as long as it is 9 letters or under.
OPTIONAL: This game is tons of fun for the science lovers, but it can also be very educational. After the game is over and the treasure has been found you could have each child tell the rest of the players about their scientist. Have google ready in case the children have additional questions ;).
CHALLENGE: If you would prefer a more challenging game without the color indicators let me know and I will send additional file. :)
Your hunt will arrive in high resolution PDF file. It includes:
CONTENT PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE DO NOT COPY
Copyright © 2011 – 2018 PartyGamesPlus.com. All Rights Reserved