One player warned other players that it would ruin their life - stating that " If you've never had a bad coke habit, you will experience the closest thing to it in game form. Friends will want to bum it from you, you'll have to hoard your cards just to make sure there is enough for yourself, and your parents will be terribly disappointed in your life choices. But you'll have your kittens."
Ok, but you are officially intrigued but want to know how the actual game works? I'm with you.
In this highly-strategic, kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette, players draw cards until someone draws an Exploding Kitten, at which point they explode, they are dead, and they are out of the game -- unless that player has a Defuse card, which can defuse the Kitten using things like laser pointers, belly rubs, and catnip sandwiches. All of the other cards in the deck are used to move, mitigate, or avoid the Exploding Kittens.
This NSFW version of the game contains the full version of Exploding Kittens, but the artwork on each card has been replaced with content too horrible/amazing to be used in the original Exploding Kittens game. The NSFW Edition can be played with 2 to 5 players or combined with any other deck to play with up to 9 players.
Object of the game is to not draw the exploding kitten card. Seems simple enough, but there are variety of counter cards that will block or divert an exploding kitten that will knock you out of the game.
The game essentially have 9 types of cards:
1. Exploding kitten card - what you want to avoid
2. Attack card - make the next player draw 2 cards increasing the chances of them drawing an exploding kitten card
3. Skip card - Skip you turn, so you don't have to draw a card (which may potentially be a exploding kitten card)
4. Favor card- Force an opponent to give you a card form his or her hand
5. Shuffle card - As the name implies shuffle the deck if you assume or know (with the see the future card) you'll be drawing an exploding kitten card
6. See the future card - see the top 3 cards in the draw pile. Great when combined with any other cards
7. Defuse card - save yourself from an exploding kitten
8. Nope card - Prevent any action of a card used by your opponent
9. Other cards - cards not part of the 8 mentioned, but if you have multiple you can use them for special combos such as stealing a card from another player.
Game is very simple to pick up and play, and the instructions are very easy to grasp. Once you and your friends get good at the game you'll be countering each other left and right as you guess what cards your opponent has and try to outwit them.
Card stock is similar to casino cards. The art design and writing on the cards are very witty and sometimes gross.
Overall very tension filled game with friends.