80's Song Picture Scramble is part our 80's Party Games Ideas.
Players compete against each other to create a hit song from the 80's using our fun and creative picture scramble game cards. There are over 100 cards each feature a different picture or word.
There are a total of 32 songs that can be created! This game would be 'totally awesome' for an 80's theme party or just a fun night with fans of the era. There are five ways to play so you can choose which one best suits you. Age rage is geared more toward adults and teens, but can be easily modified to make it easier for kids.
Players start out with a pile of over 100 game cards. (not all shown)
They then scramble through those pictures and try and make combinations that will create hit songs from the 80's. A list is provided of all the songs that can be created. Depending on what option you decide to play the list may or may not be used in game play. Here are four samples of the 32 songs that can be created:
You can play this game in one of five ways.
1. Divide players into two teams. Provide each team with a set of picture scramble cards. Put 20 minutes on the clock. The team that has the most songs created at the end of those 20 minutes wins.
2. Have individual face off against each other. Again, print two sets of the 80's song picture scramble cards. Divide sets into five song challenges. Two players face off against each other to complete the same five songs first. The winner faces off against the next player with a new set of five songs. Since there are 32 songs you can play 6 rounds this way (leaving two songs of your choice unplayed)
3. Relay Race Style. Divide players into two equal teams. Place all the cards in a pile on a table in the front of the playing area. One member from each team races up to the table and must put tape or pin the cards to a board or wall to create a song. Once they have done so correctly, they rush back to their team and pass the gauntlet to another team member who hasn't gone yet. The gauntlet can be anything from a rubix cube, cassette tape or just tagging the other player. The first team to have each member complete a song wins. Since there are only 32 songs, this game is best for 32 players or less.
4. Relay Race Style 2: Divide players into two equal teams. Print out two sets of cards, one for each team. Place all the names of the songs on individual slips of paper into one hat or bowl. One player from each team draws a song and must put together that song as fast as they can. They must complete it before the next player on their team can go. Some choose to add an option to get help from a team member - the player would call out the name of the person they want help from if they can't figure it out after two minutes. The first team to have all it's players complete a song wins!
5. Divide players into even teams. Spread all the 80's Song picture match cards out on a table in front of the playing area. Place the name of all 32 songs on slips of paper in a hat. One player goes up and draws a song from the hat. They have 2 minutes to create the song using the cards provided. They can not talk or use any other clues. The team that calls out the correct answer first wins the point and the next play. When a players turn is complete they add the cards they used back to the pile. Continue until all 32 songs have been used then the team who collected the most points wins.
Once you complete your order you should receive your game within minutes via email. It comes in a high-resolution PDF file. I recommend you print on card stock for a more durable product, some even choose to laminate so they will have the game for years to come.
Your printable game includes:
Your printable game will arrive within minutes in printable PDF files. This is a digital purchase - No physical product will be mailed. If you do not see it in your email please check your junk folder before you contact us - that is the usual culprit. If you have any questions or feedback we would love to hear from you! Contact us at: HappyPartying@gmail.com