Our printable Snake party treasure hunt game can be used at a snake/reptile themed birthday party or even in the classroom - it's not just fun it's educational!
HOW IT WORKS
Each player is assigned a snake card and must search through the party area to find the four hidden snake fact cards that go with their snake ( it is color coordinated so players know which facts go with which snake). Each one of the facts has a piece of a puzzle on the back. When they put the four pieces together it will form a letter. Once all players have put their puzzles together they can then put the letters together to reveal the secret hiding location of the treasure or prize.
One of the great things about this hunt is it can be played anywhere because YOU DECIDE WHERE TO HIDE THE TREASURE! That's right, unlike traditional treasure hunts that dictate where each clue is hid and where the treasure must be hidden in this game you decide where you want to hide the treasure! You decide what on the letters for the puzzles, and you decide what location they will spell out!
This is a sample of one of the featured snakes. There are 10 in all, and each comes with four fact cards about that snake. On the back of each fact card is a piece of the puzzle that leads to the treasure.
PREPARING YOUR HUNT!
1. Determine how many players you are going to have. You can have up to 10, if you have more players then you will need to play in teams. If you have less than 10 then you will need to choose which snakes you want to play with.
2.Decide where you are going to hide the treasure. This location must have the same amount of letters as the number of players. For example if you only have eight players, then the treasure's location must also be spelled with eight letters.
3. Once you have decided -download and open the PDF with the snake party scavenger hunt game in adobe reader. This is a free program that you more than likely already have, but if not you can download it at adobe.com. Once you have opened the game file you will want to click in the middle of the four colored squares on each snake page that you are going to use and type in one of the letters that are in your location. Do this until you have spelled out the treasure location.
This is a sample page from the actual hunt. This is the rattlesnake page, but each of the 10 pages have the same layout.
This is how the page will look once you type in your letter and print it out. We typed in W as an example. These print out as full 8x11 pages.
4. Print out your hunt! You can use regular copy paper, but I suggest cardstock for a more durable product.
5. Cut out each snake title card(the long card with the snake name and image) along with the eight squares that go with it.
Then put the snake title card aside. Next glue, tape, or laminate the squares so that each clue has a piece of the puzzle on the back.
HIDING THE CLUES!
6. Hide all the squares throughout your play area. Assign each player or team a snake and provide them with the matching snake title card. Tell the players to look for the four fact cards that match their snake, and if they stumble across another players card to leave it be. The fact cards are color coded to match the snake card so that players do not get their facts mixed up.
LET THE HUNT BEGIN!
7. When a player finds all four of their designated snake facts they can put their 4 piece puzzle together to discover which letter their puzzle creates. When all players have found all of their clues and put together all of their puzzle, they can work together to put the letters together to determine where the treasure is hidden. We used the letters to spell out location UNDER TABLE - but you can choose anything you choose as long as it is 10 letters or under.
OPTIONAL: This game is tons of fun for the snake lovers, but it can also be very educational. After the game is over and the treasure has been found you could have each child tell the rest of the players about their snake. Have google ready in case the children have additional questions ;).
Your hunt will arrive in high resolution PDF file. It includes;