The Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy Scavenger Hunt is perfect for a cowboy theme party or event.
It was created to play with ages 3 - 7. There is no reading involved and it is created to be a non-competitive game.
Players race to find all the cowboy gear that matches their cowboy. Once a child has found all six pieces that match their cowboy, they are given three pieces of the mystery puzzle. Once everyone has their mystery puzzle pieces they work together to put them together to discover where the hidden golden sheriff star.
This printable cowboy party game is sure to be a big hit at your cowboy theme party! Best of all, it’s is easy to set up and play.
1. Download the ready to print PDF file. This comes with all the materials needed to play the hunt.
2. Cut out the individual game pieces. Card stock paper is the most durable paper choice, but game pieces can be printed on regular paper as well. Game pieces are as followed:
(NOTE: Materials also includes complete rules and set up instructions)
3. Hide all the cowboy items (not the cowboys themselves) throughout your playing area. This could be outside or inside. Some choose to place each cowboy item in an envelope before hiding.
4. This game also includes a puzzle. I chose a stuffed teddy bear because it is a common item that most children have in their home. The stuffed bear puzzle should also be cut into separate pieces but they are not to be hidden.
5. The last game piece include is a golden cowboy star. The golden cowboy star should be cut out, and strung on a rope or piece of string. This should be wrapped around a stuffed bears neck. The stuffed bear should not be in plain sight of the players. Its importance in the scavenger hunt should not even be known to the players until they discover it.
6. You should choose whatever “treasure” you want to be the reward. This would be something for all kids involved because everyone works together to find the golden cowboy star. It could be goodie bags, a cowboy piñata, cowboy items, or even just use the cake and ice cream as the grand finale
1. To play give let each player or team choose a cowboy. The cowboy is dressed in the color they represent in the game. Explain to the players that they are to search and find the six cowboy items that belong to their cowboy.
Each cowboy has a cowboy hat, boots, chaps, lasso, gun, and horse that need to be found. As they are looking for these things, they should only collect the ones that belong to their cowboys. Once they are finished finding the six items on their cowboy scavenger hunt list they can help the others players.
2. Once a player or team finds all six of their items they are rewarded with 3 pieces of the puzzle.
3. When everyone has found all their cowboys items then they work together as a team to put all the puzzle pieces together and discover where the cowboy golden star is hidden.
4. When the puzzle is put together it will form a picture of a teddy bear that the players must then locate. The golden star should be tied around the bears neck. They can then turn in the star for the cowboy treasure.
CONTENT PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE DO NOT COPY
Copyright © 2011 – 2016 PartyGamesPlus.com. All Rights Reserved