Top Home Party Games for Consultants
A fatal error that most direct sales consultants make is to forget to make their show parties well… a party! This is the secret ingredient to more sales and more bookings. The facts of sales are that people often buy on emotion, they may justify the buy with logic, but the fire in the sell will start with their emotions. Consultants often squander the ripe conditions they have for creating perfect sales conditions at their party. This is so easy to rectify and turn your sales around!
The following direct sales home party games are excellent for creating a fun and exciting atmosphere at your in home show party and turning stale boring parties into a sales frenzy. Choose your games wisely and use variety. Some home party games are better for booking parties, while other are perfect for showing off products and getting sales. Start your home party with a good icebreaker that gets everyone talking, laughing and most importantly at ease and open to hear what you have to say. The game “ask me about” is my favorite for this purpose.
Start with the hostess and let her pull out the first card. She must reach in and follow the directions and pass it to the person that fits that description, if more than one guests match she passes to the first one she sees or that claims the description.
A good idea to make sure the winner card is not chosen to early in the game is to tape it to the bottom of the inside of the bag. When the last direction card has been chosen the players will think that the bag is empty. Simply tell the last player to “look again” and they will discover it.
Ask Me About
In front of each prize place a ticket box, an empty tissue box works great. For each ticket your guests receive they can place it in the box of the prize they would like to receive. Each slip will ask for the guests name and number. These Ticket slips can be handed out to the winners of games and other things such as
You should build anticipation for the auction throughout your party planning. Talk it up during host coaching and throughout the show to increase orders and future party bookings. Reward Auction bucks for different accomplishments throughout the party such as:
$100 – as soon as everyone arrives for attendance, Add $50 for arriving on time.
$100 – party game participation
$200 –For anyone who brings a friend.
$100- For everyone who places an order.
$200- For orders over $40.
$200 – For those who opt to pay at the party instead of being billed later.
$300 – For booking a party, and an additional $200 if they book it within two weeks.
Throw the auction at the end of the party, and encourage bidding to begin in earnest. The trick here is to get everyone excited and into the bidding fun. The highest bidder wins the prize!
Deal or No Deal
You’ll need four envelopes and a basket of inexpensive, wrapped prizes. The four envelopes will each have an index card in each one that has a different value written on it. One with $1, another with $2, another for $4, and finally one for $7. These values are worth actual dollars toward a purchase from the catalogue.
1. To start the game, choose one player to come and pick and envelope. Explain to everyone what’s inside the envelopes and that they can go toward any purchase tonight.
2. Have all the guests join in a circle. Now have the envelope holder roll a die and pass the envelope down the circle however many times the die indicates. For example, if they roll a three they must pass the envelope down three players. They get to decide if they want to pass it to their left or their right.
3. Repeat step 2 four times. The person who ends up with the envelope on the last roll wins.
4. BEFORE they open the envelope offer them the 1st DEAL. The deal is that since they are the lucky one who ended up with the envelope then they could decide to keep the envelope they are holding are trade it in for another. Usually by this time everyone is encouraging them to either “keep it” or “trade it”.
5. Whatever they decide, before they open the envelope offer them another deal! Tell them “That envelope could be worth $7 or it could be worth just $1. I will trade for any prize out of the gift basket.” Again the other guests will be rooting for them to “trade” or “keep”. The excitement is building and that’s just what you want.
6. Now it’s time to offer the player the FINAL DEAL. Tell the player that yu have one final deal to offer them before they open their prize. The deal is that you will give them back their envelope (if they traded it) and double the amount inside and let them pick out a gift from the gift basket IF they will book a show tonight and help (Hostess) out.
Most of the time, if you play this game near the end of the party, they will book a party of their own because you have already gotten them to think about booking one anyway.
Find It Fast
To play find it fast have a list of products ready. Call out one product at a time. The first person to find the product in the catalogue wins. After they find the product in the catalogue let them tell one way in which they would use the product if they owned it.
New! CommentsIf you like our site please help us get the word out by sharing with your friends. Thanks : )